We’ve increased our judges’ panel to 5 this year, in anticipation of a larger event, and we snagged some really experienced, business savvy entrepreneurs to fill the slots. I would mention the combined number of years of experience, but we lost count. Trust us…it’s a lot! The one thing we know for sure, is that all attendees will benefit from their expertise and insights.
Our judges are David Antila (Founder & Managing Partner, Product Strategy Partners); Lori Collins (Executive Director, CLT Joules); David Moore (President, Phantom Consulting); Steve Nolan (Founder & Managing Principal, Binary Ventures); and Charles Thomas (Executive Director, Queen City Forward). Click on the JUDGES tab on our website to find out more about our fantastic panelists.
Now, what exactly will they be up to Sunday night? They’ll be looking for 3 main criteria to be fulfilled by the teams:
- Have you established a “Minimal Viable Product” for the weekend (software, hardware, etc.)
- Were you able to demo something functional?
Business Model Validation
- Who are your key partners?
- Is there a customer acquisition / rollout strategy?
- Did the team identify customers (demographic, location etc)?
- Did the team get out and talk to customers?
- What is the value proposition to customers?
- What is the cost and revenue breakdown?
User Experience Design
- Does it have a professional look and feel?
- Does it deliver a compelling and captivating user experience?
- Is it memorable?
- What key insights were gathered over the weekend to go in this creative direction?
The judges look at all of the teams separately and collectively to designate the winners. Make sure that your demo addresses the questions above in a meaningful way, and you’ll be sure to be a success. You may even walk away with the grand prize!
Please note that previous products/businesses/teams are welcome to build and present (time permitting), but are not eligible for winning.