On Friday, May 4th at Packard Place in Charlotte, NC, Brenden Fitzgerald (@randotext) delivered his Charlotte Startup Weekend pitch called Rando. The objective: Be the Chaos. Text your friends and loved ones from a random phone number. Watch his entire pitch here: [youtube]http://youtu.be/fKdu17juMeE[/youtube]
At the end of the voting period, Brenden walked away with the coveted first stage award, the 3M sheet with the name of his startup. Now begins the fun part, convincing other attendees to work on his startup.
Within an hour, Brenden and his team members, Denny Abraham @dennyabraham, Nelio Costa @neldeezy and Tim Cheadle @cheadle, came together to form team Rando. They jump right in and start the process of turning his business idea into reality and change the name of the business to RandoText. They can be found on Facebook on Twitter and their website is currently in beta.
Be sure to attend Charlotte Startup Weekend on Sunday, March 6 at Packard Place for the final team demonstrations. This will be each teams chance to present to the attendees and judges in hopes of walking away with a prize:
For the Winner
- From Ben Craig Center, offerings from their business support packages, (up to $2000 value.)
- From BIG Council, 1 year Trailblazer membership ($1000 value.)
- From GitHub, 1 year, Bronze organization package. ($300 value.)
- From Heroku, $300 platform credit
- From Peak 10, a $500 hosting and services package
- From Anderson, Campbell & Associates, a selection of their business support services.
Final Video from Sunday will be uploaded at a later date.
written by Bridget B. Sullivan, Founder & Executive Producer Ignite Charlotte