On Friday, May 4th at Packard Place in Charlotte, NC, JC Haswell delivered his Charlotte Startup Weekend pitch called Ghost Racer an audio only driving game. Watch his entire pitch: [youtube]http://youtu.be/qXd2nZ2PS7A[/youtube]
At the end of the voting period, JC walked away with the coveted first stage award, the 3M sheet with the name of his startup. Now begins the fun part, convincing other attendees to work on his startup.
Within an hour, JC and his team members, Matt Senn, Mike Delong, Justin Alexander, Daniel Lawrence, come together to form team Ghost Racer. They jump right in and start the process of turning his business idea into reality while changing the name to Dog Dash Game. They can be found on Twitter.
Be sure to attend Charlotte Startup Weekend on Sunday, March 6 at Packard Place for the final team demonstrations. This will be each teams chance to present to the attendees and judges in hopes of walking away with a prize:
For the Winner
- From Ben Craig Center, offerings from their business support packages, (up to $2000 value.)
- From BIG Council, 1 year Trailblazer membership ($1000 value.)
- From GitHub, 1 year, Bronze organization package. ($300 value.)
- From Heroku, $300 platform credit
- From Peak 10, a $500 hosting and services package
- From Anderson, Campbell & Associates, a selection of their business support services.
Final Video from Sunday will be uploaded at a later date.
written by Bridget B. Sullivan, Founder & Executive Producer Ignite Charlotte